Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

A walk in the woods

Oh what a beautiful Saturday morning.  Okay time to put some truths out here.  As a lot of my friends and family know I have suffered from panic attacks for the past 20 years or so.  I have kept them under control with medication and for years they have been a non issue for the most part.

The past couple of weeks, since we arrived back in Ohio, I have experienced several attacks.  More than I have in years.  Yes I went to the doctor this past week.  She checked out everything to make sure it wasn't my heart, lungs, etc.  That all came out just fine.  No this was those crazy panic attacks back.  I won't go into details about the attacks but needless to say they happen.

Doc said she would eventually like to see me off the meds and be able to cope with things a bit better (me too).  Heck I thought I was coping pretty well.  Anyway you don't check out this blog to hear about my issues.  But the reason I started talking about all of this is that first thing this morning (yes the sun wasn't up when I left) I made myself get in the truck and drive to a local park and go for a nice long walk.  I left Mike home in bed.  You see being out by myself has a tendency to trigger these so called attacks.  I thought to myself what helps calm me down and put my mind on something else.  My camera of course so here ya go!  This beautiful place this morning (Blendon Woods Metro Park) helped me work through some of my anxiety!  YEAH!!!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment