Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dinner picnic at the beach

 Saturday night Mike and I decided to pack a picnic dinner and head over to the Ft Macon Beach.  We hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and I was really in need of some WAVES.  So I made us some dinner, packed it in a cooler, we put on our suits and were on our way.
As in many southern coastal towns an afternoon rain doesn't last very long.

Ah you see a break in the clouds



By the time we arrived at the beach the storm clouds had blown away.
Crossing the bridge to Atlantic Beach
Many folks enjoying a great evening at the beach.
Mike brought his Boogie Board along and he had a blast.  I loved taking photos of his adventure.





Mean Ninja face!


This is Mike swimming out, but oddly enough those are not his feet.
There was also two other gentlemen there surfing.  I was able to catch this one once I cranked up the speed on my camera.


We brought just two chairs and our dinner, but that was really all we needed here to enjoy the evening.
Simple but effective.
They continue to dredge the channel






Such a relaxing evening!
The clouds began to roll back in later that evening, so that was our sign to start to head back home.

We did though stop for some ice cream on the way home and parked next to us was this cutie.














No comments:

Post a Comment